INSPIRATION THIS TYME: CASSY STAHL[BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR]
As October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Addiemall indulges itself in a series of activities promoting breast cancer awareness among women around the globe. Addiemall is proud to present Cassy Stahl, a breast cancer survivor through DIVAS ‘Inspiration this tyme’….
- Cassy like many breast cancer patients, was shocked by her Stage 3 diagnosis given that she was in her early 40s with no family history, had breastfed all three of her children and regularly performed self-exams. Still, it was those self-exams that likely saved her life. She knew the persistent knot under her skin didn’t feel right and an ultrasound confirmed that it was lobular breast cancer.
- Just two weeks later, Cassy was pursuing treatment at MD Anderson while celebrating her 10-year wedding anniversary with husband Karl Lennart.
- They took a break from her treatment to spend some quality time together at a nearby aquarium and Cassy remembers wondering whether she would make it to be a part of future anniversaries.
- Thankfully, Cassy received tremendous care and maintained a positive attitude in her quest to become cancer-free. She says that while she would never wish cancer on anyone, she is grateful for the ways it made her rejuvenate life.
- Pre Cancer Crisis, she had spent 25 years as an engineer in manufacturing firms. However, following her treatment, Cassy Stahl was reminded of how much people and relationships matter, so she decided to pursue a career in real estate. She loves the fact that she now has the opportunity to help clients find the homes where they will build memories.
- She also recently joined the sales team for Sabika, an NBCF sponsor, because the jewelry company’s mission of empowering the women who handcraft the product, as well as their commitment to breast cancer awareness, inspired her. While both of these jobs keep her quite busy, they allow her more flexibility in her schedule so she can remain involved with her family.
- For Cassy, Chilling Out now represents time spent loving those who mean the most to her, including kids Sophia, Linnea, and Stefan and she’s thankful for her husband’s continued commitment, noting that the stress of cancer can either drive couples apart, or bring them closer together. She also says that she loves herself more today than her pre-cancer self because she endures her strength and changed values.